Railroad Heritage Day
June 11 @ 11:00 am - 4:30 pm
NEW for 2023!
Visit us for Railroad Heritage Day! This is your chance to learn more about some of the locomotives, equipment, and people that keep the railroad running! All guests begin their trip at Flemington Station.
What to Expect
- Board your train at Flemington Station.
- 20 minute train ride to Ringoes, featuring narration from one of our volunteer staff.
- Photo runby at Ringoes Station, featuring a demonstration of “hooping up” train orders!
- Guided tour of an authentic railroad caboose.
- Guided tour of additional railroad equipment, including a Mack industrial locomotive and an SW-1 switching locomotive.
- Demonstration of one of our maintenance-of-way machines used to maintain track!
- As always, our museum and gift shop will be open for your convenience.
- Allow about 2 hours for your entire visit.
Ticketing / Location
Advance reservations strongly recommended. Walk-up sales are available at Flemington Station, space permitting. Guests MUST begin their trip at Flemington Station. NO PARKING OR ADMITTANCE AT RINGOES. ALL GUESTS MUST RIDE THE TRAIN FROM FLEMINGTON.
During this event there will be NO ADMITTANCE at our Ringoes property. The ONLY people permitted on our Ringoes property will be ticketed guests arriving on the train from Flemington.
Railroad Heritage Day will feature one of our vintage diesel-electric locomotives. We reserve the right to substitute power and equipment at any time.
Flemington: No public restrooms available.
Ringoes: Restrooms are located in the lower level of Ringoes Station. Baby-changing facilities are available in both the Mens and Ladies rooms.
On-Board: No restroom facilities exist on board the train.